- What do you require to start building a set of custom exhaust pipes?
For the 650: The only thing required is your stock front header. Below is a picture of the piece needed. In order to keep costs as low as possible I reuse this part of the stock exhaust because reproducing it would cost both time and money.
For the 1100 and Road Star: Absolutely nothing!
- What if I don’t want to send my front header (650 only)?
I do offer a header exchange program. I require a 100 dollar refundable deposit on the header and then I build your exhaust. Once you install your pipes, you simply send me back your header and I fully refund your 100 dollars (minus the 3 percent Paypal fee). This is a great way to keep your bike on the road where it belongs.
- How long does it take for you to build my exhaust?
Once I receive the order, it takes 3-5 business days to complete.
- What size is the exhaust and does it have a coating on it?
The exhaust is made of 16 gauge steel and most exhausts are 1.75 inch diameter for the 650 (except the sweepers), and all 1100 exhausts are 2 inch diameter.
The pipes are sold in raw form so the customer can put a coating on it of their choosing. Many customers use ceramic paint or wrap them.
- Do I need to do anything for the exhaust to fit on my bike?
On the 650, no. For the 1100, the rear brake master cylinder needs to be relocated. The instruction can be found here, https://sites.google.com/site/vstar1100kb/home/5-modifications/brakes
- Are the welds completely smoothed out?
The welds are mostly left untouched (tig welds do not stick up much above the surface). Any high spots from tacking them together are knocked down.
- Can you build an exhaust that is not shown on your website?
Yes I can. Simply find a picture or create a drawing of the exhaust you want and email me at email@example.com and discuss exactly what you want.
- Who pays shipping?
The customer pays shipping, and yes we do offer international shipping. Please email or text your zip code for a more exact shipping price.
- What form of payment do you accept?
The preferred payment is by PayPal. It’s free to join and does not cost you anything.